May 27, 2009

home cooked meals

We ate our first home-cooked meal in our new house today. It was nice to finally cook again. I may not be a gourmet cook, but there is definitely something nice about eating a meal I cooked versus something from a restaurant. The meal was rather simple, and looks a bit sparse, but it did the trick! I found the recipe for the chicken and potatoes here, and the carrots involve about 3 tablespoons of orange juice, a tablespoon or so of butter, some honey and some brown sugar. Just cook them until the carrots are tender to your liking!


We also put the first nail in our wall. Ok actually Chris hung some drapery panels last night, but this is the first picture we hung up. It is the only thing that I actually know where I want it to go. Hopefully we get some more stuff up on our walls soon.


1 comment:

Whitney said...

I am so proud of you. :)