May 8, 2009

let the renovations begin!

I am officially a homeowner!! We closed on our first home this morning, and started working on the house as soon as we initialed the last paper. Here are a few pictures of the house before we turned it into a disaster zone.







We are having the hardwood floors refinished, so we took up the carpet in the master bedroom, which we knew was covering hardwoods. Unfortunately we were immediately met with the reason the floors were covered in the first place.

I assumed we were going to find a little damage, because I couldn't think of any other reason to cover the hardwoods in just one room of the house. But when we first pulled up the carpet I was a little shocked with what we found.

I keep trying to tell myself that it isn't as bad as I think it is. I'm sure the flooring guys will be able to repair it, I just hope that the price of those repairs aren't ridiculous.



By the end of the day we had swept the garage, mopped the walls, vacuumed the bugs out of the window sills, put paint samples on the walls, patched some holes, taped off all of the woodwork, painted a ceiling, and ripped the carpet out of the master. It sounds like so much, but there is so much left to go, just for this weekend!!

I'm hoping tomorrow will be slightly more enjoyable, because we should get some color on the walls! Not that the current colors were bad, but they just needed to be repainted, and I want it to be our home :).

No comments: