June 8, 2009

creamy pesto chicken and bowties

Our dinner tonight was simple and delicious. I based my recipe off of one I found on allrecipes.com, but I didn't completely follow it, so here is mine:

Ingredients:
12 oz bowtie pasta
1 lb of chicken breasts, cubed
broccoli
3 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 (10.75 ounce) can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup of milk
1 cup of pesto
parmesan cheese

Directions:
1. Boil your pasta according to the instructions on the package.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Saute garlic and broccoli. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
3. Add soup, pesto and milk. Bring to a boil. Continue to cook on low heat for about five minutes. Stir in drained pasta. Top with parmesan cheese and heat through.


I also had planned to add mushrooms, but unfortunately mine had gone bad. We decided asparagus might also taste good in the recipe.

Check out where we ate dinner tonight. Nothing like eating at a card table in your kitchen facing the wall. Hopefully tomorrow night our carpet will be installed and we can move all of our furniture back where it goes!


1 comment:

The Barkemeyers said...

This pasta looks amazing. I think I might steal the recipe and make it! I LOVE pesto!