June 17, 2009

painting brick is NO fun

Yesterday we tackled painting the family room.  I think it is a pretty dramatic difference.  Check a couple posts back to see a before.


We still need to put a second coat of paint on the paneling as well as the brick fireplace.  (That is why you still see my lovely blue tape!  I'm still not 100% sure on the white brick.  We picked the white before the room was painted green, and now I feel like the white is a bit harsh.  I think I'm just going to live with it for awhile and see how I feel.  If I still am unsure in a few weeks maybe it will be a weekend project...

Last night Chris also put together the lovely glider bench I've been wanting!  I thought finding one was a lost cause because the bench was sold out on the internet, and according to the website none of my local stores carried it.  But the internet lies, and while in search of a carpet sample we found the bench!


I'll post some better pictures of the porch when I paint the shutters.  I am hoping to get that done today!

2 comments:

Roeshel said...

I think your living room looks awesome! I love the fresh new look of your now white fireplace with the new walls! Great job!
Roeshel

Meaghan said...

Love the new living room colors!!