December 24, 2009

sleepless in... Omaha

(this was written at 6:30 am, but the iPhone wouldn't play nice...)

So as I was coming home from work yesterday I was on the phone with Chris, and he informs me that if we didn't leave last night to drive to Omaha, we most likely wouldn't be going. He wasn't about to risk driving in the bad weather. Well I wasn't going to miss Christmas with my family, so after getting my dad to add a night to our hotel stay, calling my boss to make sure it was ok if I didn't come in, and canceling my hair appointment for the evening, I tossed my clothes in a bag, grabbed a pillow and a blanket and we were on our way.

We got in at about 10 pm, watched TV for a little while, and were asleep by 11:30. Unfortunately I must have rolled onto my back around 5 or so this morning, and that combined with a baby pressing on my lungs and the drainage from my lovely cold, I woke up coughing and slightly unable to breathe. I tried for another 30 minutes or so to go back to sleep, but it wasn't happening. And I was just keeping Chris awake. (No he wasn't complaining, I just feel guilty)

So here I sit with my iPhone and my 'What to Expect' book on the floor of the hotel bathroom trying to entertain myself until a more reasonable hour. Lame.

Hopefully a little bit of Robitussin and my fleece blanket will make tonight go a little bit smoother...

No comments: