January 2, 2010

bump check: 26 weeks

So my belly has gotten big enough that I can't sleep in my own t-shirts (they are either really tight, or end up rolled up over my belly), and it no longer fits in the box I had previously used for cropping. Next week I might have to actually do my hair and put on some make-up so my head can be in the picture.

Oh and just so we are all aware, I'm down to double digits until my due date. 98 days to be precise. (My ticker on the blog is a day off, I'm not sure why.) April is coming faster than I can handle!


Our baby girl should weigh over a pound and a half, and measure 14 inches from head to heel. No wonder she can kick me in my bladder while headbutting me in the ribs... Her ears are continuing to develop and become more sensitive. So much so that she can probably hear conversations that Chris and I are having. She is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air.

How far along: 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +10 pounds
Maternity clothes: of course
Stretch marks?: still none
Sleep: I can usually get a good five hours, beyond that it is touch and go
Best moment this week: eating some delicious fondue :o)
Movement: some days I call her the wiggle monster
Food cravings: fruit
Gender: girl
What I miss: my good skin
Milestones: double digits till my due date!

No comments: