January 23, 2010

bump check: 29 weeks

Just for a little comparison, the picture on the left was taken at 21 weeks. I wore the same shirt today at 29 weeks. Looks a bit different :o) Seriously, I thought I was huge at 21 weeks, and that it was obvious I was pregnant. Oh how wrong I was.



This week our precious little girl is weighing about 2.5 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. She has increasing nutritional demands, meaning I'll need to be getting more protein, vitamin c, folic acid and iron. Also, I'll need some more calcium considering that in the third trimester about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited into the baby's hardening skeleton each day.

I had another doctors appointment this week, but because I've seen my doc three times in three weeks, and everything has been looking good, she isn't making me come back for another four weeks. At the appointment I received my rhogam shot. I was really nervous about getting it, because I had heard that it was a HUGE needle that went into your bum. Thankfully, it was not huge, and it went pretty much in my hip. So for everyone who tried to freak me out about it, :oP. I survived!

The past couple of days I have started having a slightly disturbing 'symptom'. At least I'm assuming it is pregnancy related. About five times over the past three days I have all of the sudden seen 'sparkles'. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it is the only way I know how to describe it. Little dots of light start moving in from the outside of my view. It usually last 30 seconds to a minute. My first thought would be oh I probably stood up to fast or something, but it has happened while I was just sitting on the couch. Some internet reading suggests it could be a blood pressure issue, but my blood pressure has never been bad throughout the pregnancy. I guess if it keeps happening throughout the weekend I'll give the doc a call on Monday. So much for not seeing her for four weeks...

How far along: 29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +13 pounds
Maternity clothes: it sucks when your maternity clothes start getting too small...
Stretch marks?: none yet!
Sleep: crappy, unfortunately :o(
Best moment this week: scheduling a maternity massage
Movement: mostly hiccups
Food cravings: surprisingly, nothing
Gender: girl
What I miss: comfortably touching my toes
Milestones: ? just another week down I suppose!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

You look great! Congrats on another week down :)

Adrienne Maples said...

This is such a great way to keep track your pregnancy! I love your 'bump' pictures!