February 20, 2010

bump check: 33 weeks

My swollen ankles and I have made it to 33 weeks! Along with my aching hips and my itchy skin. Fun fun fun :o). Ok its not THAT bad, but things are slowly but surely starting to add up.


This week our pretty little girl is weighing in around 4 pounds, and has most likely hit the 17 inch mark. She is rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to slightly overlap during birth. They won't fuse entirely until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissues expand during infancy and childhood.

I had a doctors appointment this week. Baby girl seems to be doing just fine, but me on the other hand were aren't quite as sure about. Nothing too scary yet, but my blood pressure is still above my baseline, and there was some protein in my urine, so... I earned myself a trip back to the doctors office next week. If the protein is gone then they will just chalk the elevated blood pressure up to the fact that hello, I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Of course things aren't going to be perfectly normal. But we shall see, wish me luck!

We have been blessed with lots of baby gifts lately. On Friday I received an adorable polka-dot dress from Toni and her mom, then on Tuesday our car seat and stroller arrived from my mother, as well as one of my favorite books, The Three Little Jayhawks. Thanks Laura! Wednesday the parents of one of my toddlers in my class brought me some adorable outfits from Baby Gap, and there was a toy in the mail from Christine when I got home. And today not only did I find a cute little blanket in the mail from Sarah, but it was also my baby shower. Lets just say this little girl is very well loved, and now has tons of toys, clothes, books and diapers among other things. More on the baby shower tomorrow, but here is a sneak peak. My mom spent hours Martha Stewarting it up!


How far along: 33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +15 pounds
Maternity clothes: absolutely
Stretch marks?: Chris says nope :o)
Sleep: please tell me why I'm awake at 5 am all the time...
Best moment this week: the baby shower!
Movement: she has been kind of lazy this week, but rolling around
Food cravings: OJ isn't technically a food, but I've had a ton this week
Gender: girl
What I miss: not being winded after doing basic activities
Milestones: another week down

1 comment:

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

SUPER cute pomanders! I can't wait to read more about your shower! I just hosted a shower this weekend (and am blogging about it tomorrow) but it definitely wasn't as coordinated as that.

P.S. Love the name Ryann!