February 27, 2010

bump check: 34 weeks

Semi scary realization I shared with Chris earlier? I will be full term in three weeks. As in, 21 days. As in there is a real possibility that I could have my baby in THREE WEEKS. Holy cow, holy cow, holy cow. I still just can't grasp it. Personally, I think she is coming late, so I could have up to seven weeks left or so, but we shall see. For some reason, Chris has decided she is going to be born on April 4th (he thinks 4-4-10 is a good birthday). My mom's due date with both my sister and I was April 15th, so I'm thinking that will be when my little girl decides to come. What's your guess? Chris was born a couple weeks early and I was born two weeks late, so maybe she will do me a favor and come on her due date :o).


This week Ryann should be around 4.75 pounds, and about 18 inches long. Basically babycenter.com just says she is still getting bigger and working on maturing her lungs and her nervous system. Nothing too crazy and exciting to report.

Good news, at my follow up appointment this week (to my slightly high blood pressure and protein in the urine from last week) my numbers looked much better. Most likely it was just me being sick that cause a bad week. I will go in again on Tuesday for an already scheduled appointment so we will find out for sure how things are going, but both Ryann and I seem to be doing well!

Today was a busy day... this morning Chris and I were up bright and early to go to the hospital to pre-register. We filled out all the paper work and what not that needs to be done before labor, so when d-day actually comes we can just show up to labor and delivery and get a room. A lot of the information was a little overwhelming, but I feel much more prepared for the birth. At least we know where we are supposed to go when we get to the hospital! We also got a brief tour to see both the L&D rooms, and the Mother/Baby rooms. It may not be the Ritz, but it definitely seems like we picked a good hospital.

After that Kenzie, Jackie and I headed out for some massages and pedicures, thanks to a very generous Christmas present from one of the families who attends our school. It was absolutely wonderful. I have never gotten a regular massage, let alone a maternity massage so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I was given the massage laying on my side, all snuggled up with a bunch of pillows, and halfway through I flipped over. I was in heaven! The pedicure was wonderful too, except the fact that I have incredibly ticklish feet. I am incredibly happy that my toes look nice even though I can barely reach my feet.

How far along: 34 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +18 pounds (crap what happened this week?)
Maternity clothes: obviously
Stretch marks?: not that I can see
Sleep: eh, not so hot this week
Best moment this week: my massage :o)
Movement: lots of rolling
Food cravings: nothing really
Gender: girl
What I miss: margaritas
Milestones: just another week down

1 comment:

The Barkemeyers said...

Hey Ashley! I can't believe that Ryann is almost here! I hope these last few weeks go well; enjoy them! I have a completely baby unrelated inquiry for you. Keith and I have been collecting postcards from various places in China, and I want to have some kind of display when we get back to the U.S. I Googled postcard displays and so far haven't come up with anything I like. I thought you'd be the perfect person to help me. If you know of anything that would be cool, let me know!! Love ya!