April 15, 2010

chocolate covered rice krispy treats

There are two things I miss about being pregnant... the first is being able to feel Ryann move inside me. That was absolutely amazing. The other thing? Being able to eat whatever I wanted without really feeling guilty about it :o).

Something I managed to eat several of while I was pregnant (thanks Kenzie :o) was chocolate covered rice krispy treats. I would love one right now! There is a recipe on the rice krispy box for these, but Chris brought one home that he printed off that I used, so I thought I'd share.


Ingredients:
1 cup of sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups rice krispies
24 oz milk chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Chill a 13x9 pan in the refrigerator.
2. Heat the sugar, corn syrup and butter until it comes to a boil.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
4. Stir in the rice krispies.
5. Press the mixture into your 13x9 pan.
6. Melt chocolate chips and spread on the bars immediately.
7. Spread melted chocolate on top of the rice krispies. Chill in the fridge.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Lovely Little Nest said...

These are my absolute FAVORITE! So addicting and so delicious!

P.S. Belated congrats on the newest member of your family! :)

Kenzie said...

you are absolutely welcome :) i will be sure to bring you some soon! we will get ryann hooked very young lol

Libby w. said...

These are amazing! Thank you so much for posting the recipe :)