May 22, 2010

easy marinated chicken breasts

So my mom highly recommended this recipe that she found in a magazine (it was actually the 2006 issue of Get Grilling). I was a little nervous to try it, because one, it has hoisin sauce in it, and for some reason I was scared of hoisin sauce. Two, throughout my pregnancy I had a serious aversion to chicken breasts (not chicken in general, just chicken breasts. The thought of cutting a bite of chicken was appaling). But I am incredibly happy that this was the first chicken breast I ate since Ryann was born.

This chicken had great flavor, and stayed incredibly juicy. I marinated mine for probably 7-8 hours. It is a great recipe that you can get marinating the night before, and just throw it on the grill the next evening. I included the ingredients exactly as they appeared in the magazine, however I only used 3 chicken breasts with the same amount of marinade. You could probably cut the amount of marinade in half if you wanted, but it didn't seem like an excessive amount for the three pieces of chicken.


Ingredients:
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2lbs total)
1/2 cup bottled oil and vinegar salad dressing
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons bottled hoisin sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Directions:
1. Place chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag. For marinade, in a small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Pour marinade over chicken; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
2. For a charcoal grill: Cook chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once halfway through grilling.
For a gas grill: Preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above. Serve with additional hoisin sauce for dipping.

Enjoy!

No comments: