June 3, 2010

chicken and green beans

For dinner the other night we made general tso's chicken and and green bean stir fry. I was incredibly skeptical about the green beans, because there was peanut butter in the recipe. Yes, peanut butter is use in multiple asian dishes, but for some reason peanut butter mixed with green beans just seemed wrong. I'm so glad we tried it because they were delicious! The chicken was good too, nothing extraordinary, but good enough!



Both recipes were extremely easy. For the chicken recipe (and this is probably why it didn't wow me, my fault) we used canned minced garlic instead of fresh, and left out the red pepper flakes. You can find that recipe here. With the green beans, we didn't have any sesame seeds but I was fine without them. You can find the green bean recipe here.

Enjoy!

No comments: