July 6, 2010

pork and mango kabobs

Chris had the past week off (he finished his third year of med school, hooray!) so we took the opportunity to grill a few times. On Wednesday he picked the recipe, and whipped us up some pork and mango kabobs. You can find the recipe here.


Now the recipe was good, it wasn't necessarily my favorite, but it worked well. Plus, Chris and our friend Kyle really enjoyed it, and considering the fact that I'm pretty picky (why do you think half the time I make my basic pasta recipes...) I'm going to assume that more people would enjoy it than not.

Chris really loves to grill, so I'm wondering, do you have any favorite grill recipes? We would love new recipes to try! If you leave a link in the comments, we just might give it a try, and if you'll let me, I'll share the recipe on the blog.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

we have two recipes we use all the time:
1) marinate chicken in olive oil, chopped up parsley and rosemary, salt and pepper. Fresh parsely and rosemary are wayyyy better than the dried stuff.

2) My kids love this recipe:
http://family.go.com/blog/catherinewman/double-delicious-grilled-chicken-830230/
This is delicious over a salad (I make rice and a veggie for the hubby and kids, but salad for myself0...I make a dressing of olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce and ginger. It rocks.

MandeeFoFandee said...

we absolutely LOVE cooking on the grill! we basically cook a lot of steaks and chicken, and vary them with different marinades.

my favorite grilled item ever is asparagus. just take a bunch of them and trim the ends (leave the tops on if you prefer, or take them off if they creep you out). rinse them and throw them in a gallon size ziploc bag, and drizzle them in olive oil (not TOO much, or they'll get soggy). sprinkle some Season-All on them, close the bag, and shake them until they're covered. place some foil on a pan, and grill them for about 10-15 minutes, and you're good to go!