October 26, 2010

pumpkin brownies

I've been looking for different recipes that use pumpkin.  I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie, and I've made pumpkin bread more than once.  So when I came across this recipe for pumpkin brownies I was pretty excited.  I thought they were amazing!


I found the recipe for the pumpkin brownies here.  I followed the recipe exactly and I think they turned out pretty well.  I had a tough time alternating my layers of chocolate and pumpkin, and if I make them again (ok when I make them again :o) I will most likely just do the chocolate on the bottom and the pumpkin on top and swirl them together.  Pretty much the same effect.  And honestly, I make take another reviewer's suggestion to double the recipe and make it in a 9x13 pan.  The brownies are disappearing too quickly.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Gonna have to try these. Thanks!

Jami Nato said...

i made martha stewarts pumpkin swirl brownies and they were pretty good. not amazing, but good. so i will give these a try! thanks...

Anonymous said...

Ashley, try Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies... You can use walnuts if you like nuts but they are yummy either way! I used apple sauce in sub for the egg and they turned out wonderful!
Take Care
Cassie Jetter