October 5, 2010

this and that

::  So I've mentioned that Ryann has started scooting/army crawling here and there.  She doesn't go too far all that frequently, but the one thing that can get her going?  A water bottle.  Sorry the video is kind of long, but I'm proud of my little mover!  (Just sad that she is no longer contained to her blanket...)


::  I don't have a Halloween costume for Ryann.  I spent so long trying to figure out what I wanted her to be, that all the costumes I would have ordered are out of stock in her size.  We can put something together ourselves, but I don't know what would be cute.  Does anyone have any suggestions for family costumes?  I think we are actually going to a party where we all need to dress up.

::  I've got a slew of pictures that I never put up here on the blog.  I'll spare you the excess, and just pick a few.
::  Ryann has tried a variety of vegetable purees over the last few weeks.  We finally gave her fruit last night (bananas) and she seemed to like it.  I think the texture is a little different because she was definitely weirded out by them, but she opened her mouth for more.  Here is a picture after she tried carrots, she liked them the first day, thought they were disgusting the second day, enjoyed them the third, and just ate them the fourth.  She is so back and forth with whether or not she wants to eat some evenings.  But I hear that is pretty common.
::  I swear I had more to add to this little post, but I can't think of anything.  Oh well.  Have a great day!

5 comments:

Erin said...

love the video! You will be amazed at how quickly her technique changes, so be sure to take lots of videos every few days or so :) I noticed Ryann doing this thing with her hands where she kind of scratches at the surface of the bottle (not sure what word describes that??) - Annie did that all the time to everything for awhile, but has kind of stopped now.

Also, great idea putting a long sleeved onesie under that ruffle dress - Annie has the same one so I could totally do that to get some more use out of it!

emily barkemeyer said...

Congratulations! You have a crawler! We could always get Ellen going with the remote! Ditto on the ruffle dress/long sleeve onsie combo, Maggie has the same dress in a different color and I was sad she wasn't going to get to wear it again, now she can!

Genevieve said...

I love that video, that is so so cute!!

Jenn said...

Crawling is so much fun! Soon you will be chasing her around to make sure she doesn't get into anything.
As always I love the headbands that you use! Where do you get those?

Ashley said...

Jenn-
The headbands all generally come off of etsy. Honestly I just go to headbands under the children's accessories category and browse. So far every seller I've ordered from has been fantastic.