January 28, 2011

you asked...

I uh, totally forgot to work on these the last two days, so I'll have to answer some of the questions another day.  Sorry.  For now I'm just going through the easy ones... some of these questions I've received in e-mails over the last month or so, and some of them come from your comments.  Here you go!

What kind of camera do you use?
I have a Canon Digital Rebel XSi.  My parents gave it to me as a graduation present in '08.  Usually I have my Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 lens on, but I also have a Canon EF-S 18-200mm lens that I switch to.  Sorry I can't find a link on Amazon right now.  Probably because I'm not searching the right thing :o).   Whatever.

Where did the curtains in Ryann's room come from?
I got them online from Urban Outfitters.  You can find them here.  Although it doesn't look like they have the yellow right now.


What paint colors did you use in Ryann's room?
The paint is from Sherwin Williams, the colors are Aloof Grey and Sensible Hue.  Honestly?  Can't remember which color is for the walls and which one I used on the stencil.  I'm sure if you decided to get them you would figure it out :o).

Where did you get the furniture in Ryann's room?
We purchased everything at Nebraska Furniture Mart, but the crib and dresser are the Urban Collection by Munire, and the chair is by Best Chairs.

Where is the bedding in Ryann's room from?
My lovely mother made the bumpers and crib skirt.  She used Amy Butler and Heather Bailey fabric.

Where is your entertainment center in the family room from?
It was part of the Kingston collection from Crate and Barrel.  I'm not sure if it is available anymore.

Where are me and the hubby originally from?
I was born in Omaha, but my family moved to Kansas when I was a little over one.  Chris was born and raised in Kansas.

Where did I go to school, what is my degree?
I graduated from the University of Kansas (ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!) with a degree in graphic design.  I almost switched to early childhood education midway through my junior year, but that would have left me with pretty much another 3-3.5 years of school, and I just wanted to be done.

What did I do before baby, and do I plan to go back to work?
Before Ryann was born I was working at a preschool/daycare facility as well as designing custom wedding stationery though my business I started.  I had no plans to go back to work outside of the home until Ryann is at least one, and I'm still not sure if I will or not.  I am still designing wedding stationery.


How many children would we like and when do we plan for number 2?
Before Ryann was born we wanted 3-4 kids.  Now, I know I definitely want 2, but we will see how crazy life is after that.  I'm guessing we will end up with three God willing.  Thanks to being induced because of pre-e, we are a little worried how my body will handle more pregnancies.  So we will just wait and see.  As for nubmer 2?  I know for sure we won't start trying until at least July or August of this year, but it more than likely we will wait until late next spring.  Kind of depends on where Chris ends up for residency, and again, just how I am doing with the whole mom thing :o).

Am I already planning Ry's first birthday?
Oh heck yes I've definitely started :o).  Nothing too hardcore done yet, but I do know we will probably be using pink, yellow and grey, and some owls might pop up here and there.  I've got my first versions of her invite done.

Any good party planning websites or blogs I know of?
The ones I like to oogle:  One Charming Party, The TomKat Studio, Kara's Party Ideas, Sara's Party Perfect.

How old are me and the hubby?
I'm 24, will be 25 in April.  Chris is 25.  He is nine months older than me.

Do we eat dinner at our table every night?
Generally it depends on if Ryann goes to bed before Chris and I sit down to dinner.  We are trying to all sit at the table together for dinner.  But if Ryann is already asleep Chris and I usually eat on the couch in front of the TV.  Way classy but it works :o).


Do we have bumpers in Ryann's crib?
Yes.  We had regular bumpers on when she was first born.  Then just before 4 months we switched to the breathable bumpers.  We were completely sans bumpers for two days, but she kept getting stuck in the sides of the crib.  When she turned 9 months we switched back to the pretty ones :o).

Do I edit my photos much/at all?  With what program?
Usually my editing consists of adjusting levels, as well as the shadows and highlights.  Nothing crazy, just trying to get the best looking photo I can.  Sometimes I think it would be fun to try some different processing techniques, but I just never have.  I use Adobe Photoshop (I have Adobe CS4).

Ok those are all the easy questions I can answer quickly (especially since the wee one is deciding not to nap).  I'll get to the harder/lengthy answer questions in a couple days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a question. What software do you use or would recommend to make some bday invites and other things. I'm also looking for software that can make a collage. My guy's 1st bday is just around the corner and I'm looking for some creative things to do. Thanks!!