February 27, 2011

more randomness

For some reason I just haven't had the brain material for a cohesive one subject post.  So my gift to you is another selection of randomness.  Don't worry about thanking me.

::  I've been working on printing some invitation envelopes this weekend.  When the printer has been going for a while, I sometimes feel like it is repeating a phrase over and over again.  Today, for no apparent reason, it was speaking German.  'Guten Tag' over and over again.  That is what my crazy brain was hearing my printer say numerous times.  Don't worry, I'm well aware that I'm strange.

::  Ryann has taken two naps for three days straight now, without a huge fuss.  And has probably only missed an afternoon nap twice in the past 10 days or so.  I'm so thankful that I didn't complete give up on the two nap schedule.  I appreciate the encouragement.  Unfortunately she has been waking up between 5:45 and 6:30 in the morning, but if that is what it takes for her schedule to round out right now we will do it.  I don't want to mess with too much until after daylight saving time anyway.

::  Some pictures I took last weekend while Ryann and I were hanging out at my parents...

IMG_3687
IMG_3683
IMG_3717
IMG_3742
IMG_3758
IMG_3762

::  Ok how many of you are on Pinterest?  I am really only following one person, and would love to follow more.  Search for me if you want!  Ashley Ann... I'll follow you back!

::  I have a ton of pictures of food on my computer, capturing several recipes that I completely intended to share on the blog.  I have yet to do it.  Does anyone like the recipes?  Motivate me to share?  (That is, if I can remember what recipe it is a picture of)

::  Ryann's invitations are designed.  Now I just need to print them and mail them out.  Like oh you know, yesterday.  Why am I such a huge procrastinator?

::  Did you see Cason and Shelley's peel and stick wood (vinyl) floor?  It looks great.  And easy (I think).  And cheap.  We definitely need something like that to redo the floors in our little bathrooms.  We however, have wood floors butting up to the bathrooms, so we would need something that looked like tile or stone.  Has anyone done that lately?  Have any pictures or product reviews/suggestions to share?  It would be much appreciated.

::  I know I've said it A LOT lately, how I write my blog for me.  And it's true.  Even though I had never planned on this becoming a mommy blog, or one where I dump pictures of my ridiculously adorable baby (sorry, couldn't help myself), that is what my life is right now, and it is what I want to write about.  So obviously if no one else really wanted to read it besides my closest family members and friends, (and even you guys don't have to if you don't want to :o), it would be alright.

But when I woke up Friday with an extremely sweet e-mail from Mallory in my inbox, telling me how much she enjoyed my blog and appreciated the day in the life series, I couldn't stop smiling.  This blog may be for me, but all of you readers out there are so supportive, and so helpful, and I can't tell you how much that means to me.  Seriously.

Mallory was inspired to capture a day in her life, and you can read about a couple of them here and here.  Thanks for sharing with us Mallory!

::  Enjoy the rest of the weekend! 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I am feeling so honored to see my name on your blog! Thank you :) You have made my day...nope, week! Oh and loving the hair rollers on Ryann...hilarious.

Kelly said...

I enjoy following along and reading! That video in your last post is absolutely amazing! How long did it take Ry to catch on to those things? My son will be one next week and refuses to "perform" for me!

Nikki said...

It's always fun to read about other people's lives as a mom. I know what you mean about it being hard to blog about anything else.

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the hair rollers stuck to Ryann. If we had some, I'd get them out for Shelby to play with. Isn't it amazing the things that babies turn into toys?

Nicole said...

Your blog is always one I'm happy to see updated in my reader...I'm excited to see new posts from you. I think I like your blog so much because your reason for blogging is the same as mine: to capture there here and now of your family.

S. Anderson said...

Looked for you on pinterest, but I couldn't find you. You can find me under "Sandy Anderson"

Amber @ Happiness is Eva said...

I just wanted to leave a comment to say that I love reading your blog. My little girl is 9 months old and I always love reading about Ryann's progress and milestones as it makes me excited about Eva hitting those same ones.

I too blog for myself. I use it to document Eva's life, but it is nice knowing that I have followers other than family and that I am part of a large network of mummy bloggers : )

Brenna said...

I love reading about your recipes friend!! I always need good ideas for dinner!
And blogs for us are what's important- sometimes there is a pressure to make it "readable" for others- silly right? lol

Erin said...

I share your pain about having tons of pics of food on my computer and barely remembering what they were. My issue with sharing the food posts lately is that Ben cooks 75% of the time so for some reason I feel like that means I can't post about it :) Anyway - I'd like to hear what you're eating and loving if you have time to share!