March 28, 2011

healthy food is lame

Ok that is totally not true.  But in my experience healthy food is more expensive, takes longer to prepare, and lets face it, doesn't give me that 'so full my stomach hurts but it's ok because that was so good' feeling.  Well that is probably a good thing, but whatever.

Chris did make us some pretty tasty fish for dinner twice this past week (yes my husband does most of the cooking, he ROCKS).  But seriously, I want some more carbs in my life.  They take up all of my freaking calories though.  Boo.

Eating better IS getting easier, but all of those people who say eventually you won't crave the salty snacks, the sweets, all that other stuff that isn't good for you... I think they're lying.  I so want pizza and pasta and a giant bag of chips all the time.

And right now?  Right now we have SO MUCH food left over from Ryann's birthday party.  My mom is Norwegian, we always make too much food.  When I say too much, I'm not kidding at all.  There are two dozen cupcakes, three dozen cookies, a bag of cocktail shrimp and a big bowl of pasta salad in my kitchen right now.  Do you know how much of my will power it is taking for me to not go eat three or four delicious chocolate crackle cookies right now?  So much.  Oy.  Don't worry, I'm working on ways to get all of this food out of my house.

But let's get to the not so debbie downer section of my post.  This morning I stepped on the scale.  7.8 pounds.  That is how much I've lost so far.  I actually lost an average of almost two pounds a week over the last four weeks.  Are you kidding me?  I can't honestly remember the last time I successfully lost any weight.  (That is a total lie.  It was between my freshman and sophomore year of college.  It felt great).  I am so happy about that.  I'm trying to bottle up that happiness and use it to encourage me to continue on this journey.  I kicked my first goal's butt!  Which makes me pretty confident that I can lose another 2.2 pounds by the 16th.  That should be no problem right?

Also, yesterday I completed week five day one of the C25K.  And I didn't die.  I might die tomorrow.  I have to do two eight minute runs.  But I'll keep my fingers crossed that I survive.  And don't even get me started on day three this week.  Seriously, I supposed to run 20 minutes in a row?  Are you people nuts?  I'll do my best though!

The toughest thing for me over the next four weeks, is going to be finding time to run.  Chris started back in clinic today, so I don't get my hour in the mornings.  I have to keep it up though.  I refuse to be a quitter.

I'm linking up to McFatty Mondays over at Heir to Blair.  Jump on over and join in the fun.  You know you want to.

5 comments:

Kim3278 said...

I have a GREAT alternative 5k running program that helped me run my first 5k. The running isn't as extreme. I got the scheduled when I did my first 5k through No Boundaries--a program designed for beginner runners. If you are interested please let me know. It got me, my husband and several of our friends through their first 5K and even further. Best wishes! Congrats on your weight loss. I am not a spokesperson for them or anything...just wanted to you know there was a real program. http://www.fleetfeetsports.com/no-boundaries-national-training-program

Annie said...

Can I have a cupcake when I come pick up my lens? :)

Carry Grace said...

You are doing great! I really need to get it in gear and do the same thing.

Meaghan said...

You are inspiring me to be more healthy! Congrats on accomplishing your goals!! LOVE YA!

Allison said...

Great job Ashley! I am doing the C25K right now too and am also logging my food on the MyNetDiary app. Sounds like we have the same approach! You are a bit further in than I am but I am happy to see you are getting results. Other than feeling much less bloated and sluggish - the scale isn't moving yet for me. I know the feeling with the bag of chips, I can tell I must have been going WAY overboard with salt and the app is really making me watch that. You are kicking major butt though!!! Keep it up and keep posting about your progress!