September 2, 2011

nutella s'mores bars

Oh how I love family (or any) gatherings.  They give me a good excuse to bake the things I won't make for just us.  This past weekend was no different.  I've been wanting to try these no-bake nutella s'more crunch bars so badly, and was so excited to whip them up before we drove to Omaha.  They were super easy to make, and were a big hit with my family.

nutellasmoresbars

One thing I didn't really love about this recipe... once the bars started to warm up, even just a bit, they were SUPER messy.  I was thinking they would be a pick up and eat kind of bar, but if you didn't eat them nearly straight out of the freezer it was more of a cut a piece and eat with a fork bar.  That, however, doesn't change the fact that these are delicious.  Just something to keep in mind!

Nutella S'Mores Bars
from babble's the family kitchen

Ingredients
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces (I used semisweet chocolate chips)
  • 3 tablespoons nutella
  • 1/4 cup light corn syrup
  • 4 graham crackers, crushed into small pieces
  • 2 cups mini-marshmallows
Directions
  1. Melt the butter, chocolate, nutella and corn syrup together in a heavy bottom saucepan.  Swirl in the mini-marshmallows and graham crackers.  
  2. Spread the mixture in a 9x9 pan and smooth the top.  Place the pan in the freezer until it is completely solid.  Cut into small squares and serve.
I actually doubled the recipe and put it in a 9x13 pan, worried there wouldn't be enough dessert to go around.  We ended up having three cakes plus other desserts for my Grandma's birthday, so unfortunately I had to bring a third of the pan home with me.  Darn :o).

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Kate said...

These look awesome! I made the Nutella Cookies that have been floating around on Pinterest for a while (the 4 ingredient ones) and they were really yummy... but isn't everything better with Nutella?

Unknown said...

so yummy! i will have to try these for sure, thanks!

http://modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com/

The Hines Family said...

I just discovered Nutella so I will be using this..YUM!

Amy Nielson said...

YUM! i LOVE anything with graham cracker in it. is that weird?? yum.

Alisa said...

those look and sound... so good!! i will be tryig these soon.