May 28, 2012

move it monday

Well, I apologize for my absence last Monday, and my late posting today.  I figured not too many people would be really upset, since only a few of you link up regularly (which by the way THANK YOU!  I love reading your stories!).

My lack of posting is related to a few things, one being that we've been busy and blogging hasn't been near the top of my priorities.  Another, is that I've been slacking A LOT in the healthy living department.  In the last two weeks I've ended up with FIVE rest days, and some of my workouts have been simply walking.  There is nothing wrong with that, it just definitely isn't my norm.  Life doesn't look like it is going to be slowing down anytime soon, so I'm going to have to readjust my plan towards working out.

Over the last few weeks my eating habits have been incredibly poor as well.  Thankfully I haven't resorted to fast food, but the sweets?  Off the charts.  And if Chris opens up a bag of chips I have to sneak a few too.  I haven't been managing my portion sizes as well anymore either.  I really feel like I need to do a little detox to just get it all out of my system, and detox my cabinets as well.  Find a few new snacks that I like since I'm getting tired of my regular go-to's. 

The other thing that has been slacking is my water intake.  Which is something that is usually the easiest for me to keep up on.  I've been lazy and not filling up my water bottle.  And if it isn't full I just don't drink much water.  Silly, but it is happening.  Oy, basically I'm just a hot mess these days.  And I'm feeling it.

I  need to get my butt in gear, I've got a 10k coming up this weekend.  I don't plan to really race it.  I just wanted to do a 10k.  But it is going to be warm I'm guessing.  And it has some hills.  And taking into account my lack of miles lately, I really just need to get out there and do it.

My mini goals for this week:

-drink 72+ ounces of water daily
-eat more vegetables
-no alcohol

In regards to #3, I've barely had anything to drink in the last 15 or 16 months.  The last two weekends I"ve attended friends' weddings, and, well, had a pretty good time :o).  It was nice to hang out with my friends and let loose, but man.  I can feel it.  Alcohol and my system don't really mix.  So I'm going to try and keep it cut out as much as possible.

With that, Happy Memorial Day!  Thank you to all those who are currently serving, or have served our country.  I am grateful for what you do.

 

Did anyone race this morning?  I know my bestie did!  Way to go Meg :o).

2 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

you're making me jealous! i kinda can't wait to be getting in shape again :)

Kelly said...

I don't link, but I love these posts. Your mini goals always help me focus on what I need to work on! I also haven't run in...weeks...but swim training starts bright and early tomorrow morning!