June 22, 2012

big girl room inspiration

Well my plan was to share Ryann's birthday party photos today, but like I said, you shouldn't hold your breath.  I sat down to do it yesterday, and realized I'd missed uploading a few photos I wanted to flickr, so it is just going to have to wait for another day.  Instead I'm going to start rounding up my ideas for Ryann's 'big girl' room.

Now it is true, Ryann's room isn't too baby, and can easily transition to a toddler/little girl room without too much work.  That was my intention from the beginning.  But of course I'm getting a little antsy to do some decorating and I just want to change some things up :o).  We've decided to keep her in the room she is in now, as opposed to moving her into the larger guest room.  And I'm going to keep the gray walls and stenciling because I spent too much time on the stencil to just paint over it.

What that means?  This little room makeover shouldn't be too difficult or too expensive (unless I pick out some absurd accessories or an expensive bed, which, err, could happen I suppose).  The not being too difficult part is good, seeing as the little miss is trying to avoid nap time now by climbing out of her crib.  She hasn't gotten out all the way yet, because I always stop her.  And she hasn't attempted it at night which I'm thankful for.  But I'm sure it is only a matter of time.

Anyway, here are some rooms that are inspiring me right now.  You should definitely click through the links and check out the rest of the room images.  The rooms are wonderfully done!

biggirlroom3

biggirlroom1

biggirlroom2

biggirlroom4

Basically, right now I'm thinking a white quilt or bedspread of some sort, and various colored accessories and what not.  Ryann says she wants everything in her room to be purple, but seeing as purple is one of me LEAST favorite colors I think I'm going to limit it a bit :o).  I'm not sure if I want this bed from Land of Nod, some sort of a white bed, or to make a colorful upholstered headboard like in the second photo.

Really our first plan of action is to get a twin mattress and set it up on the floor, just so we don't have to worry about her climbing out of the crib.  I wish she could just sleep in the crib forever, I'm terrified that there will be many MANY sleepless nights ahead of us.

5 comments:

Cubbies and Nooks said...

I'm a big fan of the Jenny Lind bed...yes, yes, yes! Effy's crib is Jenny Lind and I just think it's too freakin' cute.

Libby said...

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one waiting to get rid of the crib! If I could keep Thad in a crib, oh forever, I think I would! He always "tries" to get out and acts like he's going to, but it seems like it's for show (he waits for me to come in his room). Either way, I'm bound to move him to a big boy bed soon...ugh.

mandie lane said...

Ooh, I LOVE the first one! I think that may be just the right color for Vivi's room in the new house. Great find!

Sandy said...

My little man has been crawling out of the crib for a while now. I loved one of the toddler beds from Restoration Hardware, but definitely didn't want to pay that much for it! So, the hubby and I built it! We just finished it last night, and I am going to post about it in the next few days! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Melissa said...

We're in the same boat right now...knowing it's probably time to move to a big girl bed, but are worried about a loss in sleep. You do it first and blog about it, okay? :)