June 21, 2012

five weeks

BumpProgression_5Weeks

how far along:  5 weeks

size of babyaccording to the bump an appleseed, a wee .13 inches.  The major organs are starting to form.

weight gain:  well we are on vacation so no scale, but based on the amount of food I've eaten I'd say at least five pounds.  Hopefully less, but you never know :o).

maternity clothes:  nope

symptoms:  I don't really have an extreme symptoms.  Over the past week I've been tired, I get a little queasy if I wait too long before eating or if I don't drink enough water, and today I've been a little over emotional.  But nothing that I would peg as pregnancy symptoms if I didn't know I was pregnant.

exercise: six workouts this week.  3.5 mile run, 3 mile walk, level one of the 30 Day Shred, 5 mile run, 3.5 mile run and a 2.5 mile walk.  No real strength training this week, but still not too shabby with the workouts.  The only problem?  My heart rate shoots up to 160 when I'm running.  The nurse at my OB's office recommended I stay under 140, which would pretty much mean no running.  I think that is a pretty old school and conservative recommendation, but I'm trying to take it as easy as possible and just listen to my body.  Even at an 11 minute mile pace my heart rate is still at 160.  I plan to talk to the doc at my first appointment and get a better idea of what she recommends as far as exercise goes.

cravings/aversions:  nothing yet

movement:  nope

sleep:  currently waking up once a night to pee, which is rather annoying.  But I'm sure it isn't going to get better anytime soon.

gender:  I haven't a clue this week.  Really, I am not feeling a pull either way.  I honestly don't feel like I'm pregnant.

looking forward to:  my first doctor's appointment a week from today.  Also?  I randomly got excited to have coordinating sibling outfits :o). 

worries:  I'm incredibly paranoid I'm going to have a miscarriage.  I know I have no reason to believe something will go wrong, but I've learned more and more that they aren't all that uncommon.  I so badly just want to see/hear that little heart beat. 

what's different this time:  I didn't start recording anything about my pregnancy with Ryann until around week 13, so at this point I can't think of anything that is different. 

milestones:  telling my parents?  Does that count as a milestone?

best moment this week:  telling my parents that I'm pregnant.  My mom flew to Georgia with us, but my dad didn't come in until the next evening.  So Wednesday morning we sent Ryann downstairs wearing a big sister shirt, with a belated father's day card for my dad.  She walked up to him and handed him the card.  He made some sort of remark like, "Looks like you're ready to be a big sister."  And then just kept going opening his card and such.  My mom looked at me, "Does her shirt say big sister?!?!"  I told her yes, and laughed that my dad hadn't really caught on.  It only took him another moment before "Oh. Oh!!  Congrats!"  Haha.  It was funny.  They are very excited for us of course.

Just for kicks, another 5 week photo we snapped while in Georgia.  I wasn't 100% sure how I was going to do the bump pictures, so I wanted another one just in case.  So this picture pretty much looks like 'hey it's me on a beach!', but really, there is a little itty bitty baby in there.  Promise.

BumpProgression_5Weeks_BeachPhoto

No comments: