June 28, 2012

six weeks

BumpProgression_6Weeks

Welp, had my first doctor's appointment today.  It was rather uneventful.  They are claiming my due date to be February 10th or 11th based off my last period, but I know I am not that far along.  I'm still guessing my due date will be between February 18th-20th.  I was hoping the doctor would order an ultrasound for dating purposes, but she didn't feel confident that my insurance would pay for it since there weren't any medical issues.  She did order HCG numbers to see where they are at, so I'm hoping I'll get a call with that at some point.  They never did any sort of test to confirm I was pregnant while I was there, which is kind of weird to me.  I'm sure it is totally normal, but I would have loved a little confirmation, you know, 'yep!  our cheap pee sticks say you're pregnant too!'  It just would have been nice.

how far along:  6 weeks

size of babyaccording to the bump a blueberry, doubling in size from last week to about half an inch.  He/She is developing a permanent set of kidneys, and the arm and leg joints should also be forming.

weight gain:  As of yesterday one pound.  Ok the day after we back from vacation is was like 4.5 pounds, but I guess it was just some water weight :o).  Whoops!  Need to keep the eating habits in check so I'm not gaining a pound a week...

symptoms:  Two days ago I was hit with some extreme fatigue, naseua and aversion to ALL types of food.  Nothing is sounding good.  Today actually I've felt pretty good, which is nice, but not all that reassuring.  My chest has been a little sore, I'm a little stuffy, have a little minor headache hanging around here and there, and all smells, good or bad, are way too strong and offensive.

exercise: Six workouts again this week.  4.75 mile run, three 2.5ish mile walks, and a 3.9 mile run.  My runs do have some walking in them, but when I say run it is at least a majority of running.  Thankfully the nurse practictioner I met with today told me not to worry about my heart rate while I'm running, as much as just taking it a little easier and listening to my body.  So I don't feel quite as bad about running. 

cravings/aversions:  I'm not craving anything in particular (except McDonald's french fries and Sonic's sweet potato tots...), and really most food in general sounds disgusting.  I'm definitely more interested in cold meals than hot.  But I think that has a lot to do with the fact that it is a million (100) degrees outside.

movement:  nope

sleep:  Ugh, sleep hasn't really been great this past week.  But it has just been an awkward temperature in our house and I'm not going to be early enough and I'm waking up early to pee and then I can't get back to sleep...  I've never been a very good sleeper, and it definitely shows and is way more annoying when I'm pregnant.

gender:  I'm thinking boy.  No idea why, just what I'm feeling.

looking forward to:  Right now I really just want to fast forward to my next appointment (July 20th).  At that point we will hear the heartbeat, and if we don't the doc promised me a sonogram.  I need to hear or see this baby, I just don't think I'll believe it until I do.

worries: Still just freaked out about the idea of a miscarriage.  I hate HATE these early weeks of pregnancy.  You want to be so excited, but without hearing the heart beat or having that baby bump, it just doesn't feel real.  The other thing I'm paranoid about?  Twins.  It is highly unlikely that I would be having twins, but it is something that always scares the crap of me.  I don't think I could handle two babies at one time.

what's different this time: No official confirmation that there is really a baby in there (I had an ultrasound at my first appointment with Ryann), which is making me a little hesitant to tell our close friends I'm pregnant.  I'm scared it is all going to be a dream.

milestones:  Why did I put this little line in here again?  I forgot I was always grasping for something to put in the 'milestone' section the last time around.  Oh well.  I guess having my first appointment is a milestone right?

best moment this week: Having Ryann tell Auntie Lorin and Grandma 'Nita that there is a baby in mommy's tummy.  Seriously, it was so cute.  Before Lorin came over we prepped Ryann and told her what to say.  I thought for sure she would just blurt it out as soon as Lorin walked in the door, but she didn't.  So after a bit Chris asked Ryann, "Did you have something to tell your Auntie?"  Ryann said, "Um, guest what!!  There is um, a baby in mommy's tummy!"  It was so cute and Auntie was perfectly shocked.  I loved it.  We did the same thing with Christopher's mom, only when Chris prompted her, Ryann first said "Hi" in this awkward flirty voice.  It was kind of hilarious.  Then she told her, it was so cute.

No comments: