July 12, 2012

eight weeks

BumpProgression_8Weeks

how far along:  8 weeks

size of babyaccording to the bump a raspberry, about .63 inches.  Baby is wiggling his or her little arms and legs, and the taste buds are now forming.

weight gain: Down three pounds from last week, so down two pounds overall from my starting weight.  All three of those pounds came off in the last three days :o(.  Hello nausea.

maternity clothes:  nope 

symptoms:  Nausea, fatigue, bloating.  I do not remember the uncomfortable bloating with Ry.  It isn't causing a problem with my clothes fitting, but I am so uncomfortable ALL. THE. TIME.  And I'm scared there will be no relief from these symptoms for a few more weeks.  Yes, I'll do anything for this baby, but this is hard.

exercise: Got in three 4 mile runs this week, the last of which was at a decent pace (for me right now) with minimal walking.  But other than that I haven't done much organized exercise.  It is tough because I feel like crud, but usually getting up and getting moving helps me feel a bit better.

cravings/aversions: I hate food.  I hate looking at food.  I hate eating food.  I hate thinking about food.  I've yet to actually throw up, but many MANY things make me gag a little.  I'm living mostly off apples and town house crackers.  Breads and carb items are generally the easiest to stomach so I'm hoping to make a loaf of zuchinni banana bread soon.  Figured at least there would be some fruit and veggie in that.

movement:  nope

sleep: Crappy.  I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, and then it takes me at least an hour to fall back asleep.  I take a nap in the middle of the day because I simply can't survive without it.

gender:  I still assume we're having a boy, but I just can't get into boy things.  I'm pondering girls names and looking at headbands and bows on etsy.  Maybe it is just because that is what I'm used to?  I haven't had any baby dreams yet.

looking forward to:  I just freaking want to feel normal.  Normal is a very relative term right now, but I loathe this period of feeling like death and still being uncertain and worried about how the little babe is doing.

worries: Scared that they won't find a heartbeat at my appointment next week, or that they won't check because I won't be 10 weeks yet.  Also, I'm starting to get paranoid about getting pre-eclampsia again this time around.  I know my chances are really no greater than with my first pregnancy, and hopefully the fact that I am healthier than I was will better my odds for not getting it, but I'm still scared.  Thanks to Chris being in the medical field we caught it right at the beginning stages of pre-e last time, but had we not had a blood pressure cuff at home, I'm sure I would have waited a few more days until my doctor's appointment to discuss how I was feeling, and I could have gotten a lot sicker in a couple days.  What if I do get pre-e again?  What if it develops earlier?  What if I am on bed rest?  What if we have a preemie?  I know worrying about these things won't do anything for me, but it is what's on my mind.

what's different this time:  Umm, not sure of anything right now.  I definitely wasn't exercising at all last pregnancy.  We had also told more of our friends by now last time around.  For some reason I'm in no hurry to tell anyone.  I think Christopher feels the opposite.

milestones:  Another week down.

best moment this week: Ryann was coloring while I was laying pathetically next to her on the floor.  Without any prompting or me asking what she was doing she just said "I drew mommy, with a baby in her tummy."  It was so incredibly cute.  Ryann will also bring me a blanket and her pillow pet and tell me to lay down when I say I'm not feeling well.  She has been doing surprisingly well despite the fact that I am pretty much useless and no fun most of the time.

No comments: