August 2, 2012

eleven weeks

BumpProgression_11Weeks

how far along:  11 weeks

size of babyaccording to the bump a lime, about 1.6 inches long and weighing .25 ounces.  Can you imagine a lime being a baby?  That is nuts.  Baby has see-thru skin, no more webbed fingers or toes, and the tooth buds, nail beds and hair follicles are all forming.

weight gain: -2.5 pounds.  Whoa.  Gained a pound last week!  That is all fine and dandy, just hoping to make it another 3 weeks before hitting a positive number over there.  Definitely starting to see/feel some changes in my body.  In the sense that my stomach is starting to just feel fat :o(.  I know it will harden up as the baby actually moves up there, but right now the baby is just shoving some flabby stuff up, lovely.  All my clothes still fit fine, but I'd prefer stretch pants and t-shirts for the most part.  That is just my nature though.

maternity clothes:  nope

symptoms:  The first half of the week?  MISERABLE.  Well I wake up feeling relatively fine, maybe a touch dizzy.  But seriously, every evening I would get a massive headache, feel nauseous and just want to sleep.  I'm pretty sure I fell asleep on the couch at like 7:30pm Saturday night (sorry Christopher!).  The last few nights though haven't been so bad.  I get a slight headache, but nothing that makes me want to crawl in a hole and die. 

exercise: I had a great week in terms of exercise.  A 2 mile run, two 4 mile runs, a 6 mile run, two 2 mile walks, 5 mile on the stationery bike and 6 miles on the stationery bike.  31 total miles covered.  Not too shabby!  Workouts are definitely getting a little tougher.  Some days I feel great (I ran 3.75 miles straight without needing a walk break, pretty good for me right now!), and some days my body just doesn't want to cooperate.  I feel a slight heaviness in my lower abdomen when I run.  And needing to pee in the middle of a run, sometimes TWICE, is just flipping annoying.  But hopefully I can keep it up another 10 weeks and finish a half marathon!

cravings/aversions:  My cravings are so weird.  They just come out of the blue and make no sense.  One night I wanted breaksticks from Pizza Hut so bad.  I can't tell you the last time I had Pizza Hut, so I have no idea why they would pop into my mind.  The only thing I'm still having a strong aversion to is eggs.  Just can't do it.  Which is sad because I used to eat egg whites at least every other day.  I've been eating lots of Lean Cuisines, simply because they are easy.

movement:  nope

sleep:  I've been staying up too late to watch the Olympics.  Seriously NBC, you couldn't have at least started the gymnastics at 8?  Staying up until 11:00 or later (when it takes me a bit to get myself in bed) is really not the best choice.  But I can't stop watching.

gender:  Meh.  I have no idea.  It's probably a girl.  Or a boy.

looking forward to:  My besties both moving to KC.  Score.

worries:  So, Ryann might have had quite possibly the creepiest dream ever.  Or creepiest to hear about anyway.  Tuesday morning she woke up crying for me, so I went to her room.  She said she had an owie, then she said she needed to poop.  Gave her some hugs, got her on the toilet, typical morning.  Then she looks at me and says, "I'm sorry your baby fell out in the pool."  blank stare.  ?!?!?!?!  What the hell does that mean?  I asked her to repeat herself, and she said it again.  She said I was wearing a red shirt and I fell in the pool and my baby fell out.  I had to convince her it was a dream, that it did not happen, but honestly, what toddler has a dream like that?  What on EARTH does that mean?  Nonetheless, definitely busted out the doppler that night.  And I'm terrified to wear red or get in any body of water.

what's different this time:  Um, not really sure.

milestones:  Not really sure on this one either...

best moment this week: Ummm, watching the US Women's Gymnastic Team win Gold?  It was really fun to watch, and it made me happy to see them so happy and kicking butt.  Other than that this week has been pretty blah.  Ryann does occasionally stick out her stomach and tell me there is a pretend baby in there (which is even funnier since I have no bump yet), which is cute and hilarious.

No comments: