February 18, 2013

one week postpartum

I weighed my options of picking up around the house or blogging, and decided blogging sounded more fun.  So woot woot for having this post up in the morning!  Just remind me of this decision when later I'm complaining my house is a disaster.  Because it is...

Well, I'm not pregnant anymore.  Obviously.  Which I guess leaves me now on the journey to get my body back.  Because I'm nursing (and because I did JUST have a baby), I'm jumping into anything too fast, but I am anxious to get back to working out.  Not quite as anxious to really worry about my food intake, but thankfully aside from chocolate I'm still craving mostly healthy things.  Fast food makes me want to gag.

So where exactly am I one week after giving birth?  See for yourself...

1WeekPPComparison

Not too shabby, not too shabby at all.  I give my body props for handling delivery like a champ, and for the second time bouncing back rather quickly.  I think I've been more sore this time around, but I can guarantee you I'm not taking it as easy as I should be.  Ryann has been rather demanding, and because my body feels mostly normal, it is hard to make myself slow down.  But I'm trying.

Friday, at exactly one week postpartum, I was down 15.4 pounds, leaving me with 4.8 pounds to go to hit my pre-pregnancy weight.  I feel pretty good about my body right now.  I have some regular jeans that can fit, and I don't feel like I need to leave my maternity clothes in my closet.  Until I can start working out, and taking into account the nursing, I think my body might hang on to those extra five pounds for a while.  But we shall see.

My goals right now are to maintain my current weight (i.e., not eat so much chocolate that I gain weight back!), and to hopefully start the C25K program in early March.  I'm really really REALLY wanting to run the Mother's Day 5k.  Not fast, but I want to run it.  I just have no clue how I'm going to work exercise into my day.  As with everything else right now, I'll just say we'll figure it out eventually.

I'm going to take another week without any structured physical activity, and then after that, if the weather happens to be nice here or there, I hope to go for some easy walks with the girls.  It is questionable though, whether I could get Ryann to stay in the stroller for any length of time...

 

Well, that's my story right now.  How is everyone else doing?  Link up your health and fitness related posts below!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm you look AMAZING!!!

Meaghan said...

I agree with Jenny, AMAZING!!

Kelley said...

My exact thought, AMAZING!! And if you're breastfeeding that 4 lbs will melt away too. Congrats again and glad you're taking time to enjoy this special time.

JessF said...

You were so good about being active during your pregnancy, you have nothing to worry about. And I agree, you look amazing!!!!

loverstreet said...

holy cannoli! you look incredible. 4.5 pounds at 1 week pp?

i hope you can find moments in your busy days to treat yourself and your body with kindness--it will return to normalcy soon. you've worked so hard to be a fit momma and it has clearly benefited you greatly!

Ashley D. said...

Yah! you look great! Those 4lbs and more will probably fall off while nursing. Keep with it, heal your body and keep fueling it so you can fuel that beautiful baby.

Kim3278 said...

You do look amazing. And you will be able to run that 5k with no problem. I'm so totally opposite. I never lose weight while nursing and I nursed all three of my babies--still nursing the last one. You will be fine mama! Congrats again.

KellytheCulinarian said...

You look fab! And five pounds is nothing.

Michelle said...

Looking good! Sounds like everything is going well. :) Loved the photo dump from yesterday!

Katie Cook said...

Congrats girl! You look amazing:)

Amber E. Berkoski said...

You look fantastic! And I agree with the others, you did such a great job of staying active during your pregnancy and you have lost so much of your baby weight already that I don't think it'll be too hard for you to get back into it. Just be gentle with yourself as you walk, jog and eventually run again. A break means you have to ease back into it. I'm finding this out and I didn't have a baby. I know you can do it!