July 18, 2013

a dream come true.

Twenty-four years ago my parents dropped me off at my first dance class.  Throughout elementary school I had a love/hate relationship with it, wanting to quit on a regular basis, and even claiming to be allergic to tights because I hated wearing them so much.  Ha.  But in sixth grade I had to choose between competitive soccer and competitive dance.  For some reason I chose dance, and ever since my passion for the art and sport has grown.  The dance studio became so much more than a place I learned, it was a home, the faculty and my peers a second family.  Dance was very much a huge part of my life.

On Monday I took Ryann to her very first dance class at the same studio.  It was a little surreal driving there, walking her into the studio and getting her all settled in for the camp.  But what surprised me most was how hard I had to try to hold back tears as I stood outside the room, watching her try to follow along, all while giggling.  It seems silly, to get so emotional over a dance class.  However I am holding on to bits and pieces of hope that she will grow to love dance as much as I did.  It truly is so much more than just a dance class.

photo(97)

It was a four day 'creative camp' (we skipped the last day because of gymnastics), with a favorites theme.  The first day was favorite color, the second day animal, and the third day favorite star.  We, uh, didn't plan ahead, which left my mom whipping up a dino shirt Monday night, and us scrambling to put together a ballerina outfit Wednesday morning because we couldn't come up with anything else.  But it doesn't matter.  Ry was stupid cute every day.  Because her pony tail + spandex just equals cute.

Ry_CreativeCamp1

Here are a few shots of her doing the little dances she learned.  For the record the lighting was SO weird.  I don't understand why it was constantly changing.  Flashes from other cameras?  Just the lights?  I have no idea.  It was bizarre.

IMG_2558
IMG_2564_web
IMG_2600
the tongue helps her jump...

And if that wasn't enough cute for you, some videos.  She um, sort of knows whats going on :o).


Baby girl, you can do whatever makes you happy.  But you sure make a cute little dancer :o).

IMG_2639

5 comments:

Nikki said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Hoe fun that she took classes at the same studio as you.

Cari Mooneyham said...

She is so incredibly cute!! I'd be holding back tears too. Now if only my same dream could come true too... :)

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

This is so precious!! I have videos of me when I was her age taking ballet. Such fun memories! She will love watching these when she's older!!

Mindy M Gray said...

Ohmygosh my heart melts for you! It's even more amazing that she got to take at DF; I know if Lilly could take her first class at Barbara's I would die. This is so precious!

Sweet As Boys said...

cutest thing i have ever seen!!!