July 9, 2013

our favorites | four & five months

fourandfivemonthfavorites

Brown Eyed Bowtique Headbands:  Confession, I have purchased WAY too many headbands.  It is embarrassing.  Sarah and I are going to start Hair Bow Anonymous meetings.  But the ones that have gotten the most use recently, are some classic basic bow headbands from this etsy shop.  They aren't too big, aren't too small, come in lots of colors, and go with anything.  Plus she ships super fast.

Rompers and One Piece Outfits:  Rompers weren't the 'cool' thing as far as I can remember from when Ry was a baby.  I have mostly little dresses and onesies from her stash.  But with Elsie?  I can't get enough rompers.  They are incredibly adorable, and way more practical than a little dress.  Those stupid (but cute of course) little baby dresses are always riding up and just really don't work as well as a one piece outfit.

Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather:  Around the time Elsie outgrew the sink for baths, it started to make much more sense to bathe her and Ryann at the same time.  At first I tried putting our infant tub in the big tub, but in reality that isn't safe (and it says not to do it on the warning label, whoops).  We found this little bath seat and bath time has become so much easier.

Lovey Duds Baby Carrier:  For the most part, I'm not a baby wearer.  I originally bought this wrap when Ryann was born, and I didn't like it.  However, the problem lies not with the wrap, but the user :o).  Over time I've gotten better at using it, and if you're looking for a cute moby style wrap, these are great.  Mine has held up well, is very well made, and I get compliments on it all the time.  I still would love to try a Solly Baby wrap (hello adorable mint green or polka dot wrap!), but for as little as I baby wear it probably isn't worth the cost.  But.... :o)

Muslin Swaddle Blankets:  I was looking for a cheaper alternative to the Aden + Anais blankets, and came across these ones from the Snug Bug Shop on etsy.  They aren't as soft as the Aden + Anais, but they are just slightly smaller, which was nice for swaddling in my opinion.  Their price point was good, they have some incredibly cute blankets, the shipping and customer service was great... I would recommend them.

Storksak Tania Diaper Bag:  I carried a Coach diaper bag that we snagged at an outlet on sale for three years.  It held up great, was big, had lots of pockets, and I still like it.  But after three years of carrying the same bag I was ready for a new one.  I ordered several diaper bags from Amazon (like six or seven, it was ridiculous), and this is the one I ended up keeping.  It is large, flexible, has lots of pockets and a cross body strap.  So far I am very happy with this purchase.

Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets:  Honestly, at first we didn't like these for swaddling.  Yes they are stupidly soft and beautiful, but when E was first born they were just too big to swaddle her.  But once she outgrew the blankets we were using, these ended up working just fine.  Currently I use a swaddle blanket I bought off etsy on the inside, and one of these on the outside.

Oball:  Truth is Elsie has a love/hate relationship with this thing.  It catches her eye, and I think she likes that she can grab on to it pretty easily, but it doesn't really go in her mouth all that well.  And really, besides being eye catching, being able to shove it in her mouth seems to be her only other criteria for a toy right now :o). 

Fisher Price Crawl Along Snail:  This was Ryann's favorite toy, and Elsie seems to like it pretty well too.  It is relatively easy to get it to play music just by bumping it, and E has quickly figured out to just smack it to make the song play.  Plus babies always love to look at themselves in a mirror, so win win.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beckham LOVES his oball we have a football too!