January 2, 2014

bold. brave. purposeful.

Over the last few years I've been eager to put the prior year behind me.  To start fresh, and to keep moving forward in our life.  This year though, this year I'm looking back a lot more fondly.  Sure there were ups and downs, stages and moments I am happy to be done with.  But for once I don't feel like I'm scrambling towards the next level.  I am actually kind of enjoying the ride.

IMG_7367

2013 was tough.  I didn't know the meaning of exhuastion until now.  I cried a lot.  I grew a lot.  I learned a lot.  I'm not sad to see the days go, but I am thankful for all that I had over this past year.  I never would have made it through if it weren't for my family and friends, specifically my parents.  They were my lifeline every time I felt like I wasn't going to survive.  Mom and Dad, I truly TRULY don't know what I'd do without you in my life.  Thank you so very much for all you've done for me and my family over the past year.  Without you, I don't think I would have been able to make good on last year's resolution.

To be happy.

For the first time in a very long time, I feel comfortable with how life is, and ready to take on what it is going to become.  And this year, with that in mind, my motto will be:

bold. brave. purposeful.

I am a pessimistic, type A, people pleaser with some OCD tendencies and a fear of change and the unknown.  Sounds like a lot of fun to be around, am I right?  ;o) Ha.  I don't think all of those traits are always on display front and center, but there is no denying it, that is who I am.  And they are definitely the qualities that slow me down sometimes.  So without making this too long and complicated, this year I want to live my life with more purpose.  I will put my needs and my family's first.  I will take risks, I will follow my heart, and I won't be afraid to fail.

IMG_7395

Instead of reminding myself that tomorrow is a new day, I want to live like I might not have tomorrow.

That sounds pretty intense.  Maybe a little too hardcore...  But the years are flying by at rapid speeds and I don't want to have any regrets.

IMG_7417
IMG_7385

Happy New Year.  2014, let's do it.   

No comments: