February 11, 2014

dear elsie

sorry I didn't finish this on your birthday E.  mommy was just too tired from all the excitement of you turning one.  and the next night I fell asleep on the couch before sissy even went to bed!  love you sweet girl. 

My sweet Elsie Jo,

Where oh where has the time gone?  This has been by far the absolute fastest year of my life.  Suddenly you're one.  You've been here for an entire year.  I remember the day you were born like it just happened, and yet it seems as though you've always been a part of our family.

No doubt adding you to the mix made life pretty crazy this year.  Straight up zapped 75% of my free time!  Wait I take that back, you + your sister no longer taking naps is what zapped my free time.  Oh how I miss nap time.  But that is beside the point.  Yes, life was crazy, but my gosh I am so thankful you are in our lives.  You've touched my heart in a way I can't even explain.

To be honest I am in complete denial that you actually turned one today.  I did good, I didn't cry at all.  That isn't to say there wasn't a lump in my throat from time to time.  But I kept the waterworks under control :o).  Watching you grow and learn and change is so much fun.  You have quite the little personality emerging.  Yet I still want to keep you a baby for a long time.  I can't imagine you turning in to a 'real person'.  Can't I just cuddle your little self forever?  Who am I kidding?  You aren't a cuddler.  That would never happen anyway.

Elsie I hope you grow up knowing just how much you are loved.  It is a lot.  Sometimes we are busy and running here and there and taking care of sissy and doing who knows what, and I don't get as much time to just sit and be with you as I'd like.  But that in no way is a representation of how much you mean to me.  You make me smile a lot.

I just love you.

Happy Birthday Elsie girl.  I just can't believe you're one!!

Love Mommy.

EBirthdayLetter

No comments: