December 12, 2014

five weeks

Baby3_5Weeks

how far along:  5 weeks (compare to 5 weeks with Elsie)

size of babyaccording to the bump an appleseed, a wee .13 inches.  The major organs are starting to form.

weight gain:  A whopping .2 pounds.  Although based on the amount of hunger I've been feeling in the afternoons and evenings it is going to be a whole lot more than that soon.  Unless morning sickness sets in of course.

maternity clothes:  nope

symptoms:  I get queasy here and there, but nothing crazy.  I am so incredibly irritable.  It is insane.  I almost can't stand myself.  I did have some terrible reflux during my longer run this week.  That was gross.

exercise:  Two 3 mile runs, a 5.5 mile run and one barbell class.  I want to try and lengthen my runs a little bit, but being cold and dark in the mornings isn't really motivating.  I'm hoping to run a 10K in February, so I don't want to start slacking off.

cravings/aversions:  In the mornings nothing sounds good.  I can't decide if I don't want the food, or I'm too lazy to cook.  A little of both maybe.  And eating some chicken sausage the other morning felt like torture.  It isn't that it doesn't sound alright, but trying to chew it, I don't know.  It was just gross.

movement:  nope.

sleep:  I'm so restless throughout the night.  Tossing and turning and in and out of sleep.  I'm still anxious about getting to the next day, paranoid that I'm going to have a miscarriage.  I'm hoping that once I see or hear a heartbeat I'll relax and sleep a little better.

gender:  No idea.

looking forward to:  My first OB appointment on Wednesday (12/17).  I doubt that I'll get an ultrasound or they will really be able to settle my nerves, but still.  I'll be a day shy of 6 weeks at that point, and I feel like that would be a good step towards a healthy pregnancy.

worries:  Just still so paranoid about a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage.

what's different this time:  Even though I think about the pregnancy regularly, I keep having to remind myself I'm pregnant.

milestones:  Forget this line.  I hated it the last two pregnancies.  It disappears next week.

best moment this week:  Because I'm terrified about losing this pregnancy, I've taken an absurd number of pregnancy tests.  A few days ago the test line was actual a fair amount darker than the control line, and that is giving me some confidence!

No comments: