January 9, 2015

nine weeks

I just can't get on board with this picture thing yet.  Meh.  Whatever.

how far along:  9 weeks (compare to 9 weeks with Elsie)

size of babyaccording to the bump an olive (which still makes me shudder, thinking about eating an olive), about .9 inches.  The baby is forming more distinct facial features and continuing to grow.

weight gain: -1.6 pounds.  Based on the amount of cheese bread and ice cream I've wanted to eat in the last week I was expecting to be up.  But hey.  My goal was to not gain any weight until after 10 weeks, so that even at 1 pound a week I wouldn't go over 30.

maternity clothes:  nope

symptoms:  I have felt much better this week.  I've found if I steer clear of sugary and crap food I feel so much better in general.  Weird right?  Ha.  I've been a little tired but not excessive.  I have had a sore throat and a cough but that isn't pregnancy related.  Just super annoying.  My only symptom I would say right now, is just a general disinterest in most food.

exercise: Got in four days of exercise this week.  The extremely cold weather is killing my runs, I just don't have it in me to go outside when it feels like -11, and then I'm not the best at squeezing it in to my day at other times.  I did on barbell class, a 3.1 mile run, a 2.25 mile run, and walked a total of 5.7 miles.

cravings/aversions:  In general nothing sounds great, but I'm not highly opposed to anything either.  The only thing I don't really want is pizza.  So weird.  I've been enjoying strawberries and ice cream, and last night I really wanted peanut butter green beans.  Don't knock it before you try it, look up the recipe!

movement:  nope

sleep:  The cough is the only thing really disturbing my sleep.  Once I'm out for the night I'm good, but if I wake up a little in the morning, especially after 5:30, I start coughing and I need to pee and I just can't get back to sleep.  But really I haven't been as tired as I was expecting so it's alright.

gender:  I feel like this pregnancy is just different than my last two.  Something just plain feels different.  Therefore, I'm almost certain it is a boy.  We shall see.

looking forward to:  Being able to find a heartbeat on the doppler.  I've stupidly tried the last two days with no luck, and I'm just feeling paranoid at the lack of symptoms, so hearing that heartbeat would be such a blessing and a sense of relief.  I know I could just have Chris bring home the ultrasound machine again, but I don't want to abuse the thing either.

worries:  I'm still having a hard time believing that at the end of all this I will go home with another baby.  I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, for something to go wrong.

what's different this time:  I guess it does look like some of my symptoms let up a little this week with Elsie as well.  Maybe it isn't so different from last time.

best moment this week:  There is a Huggies commercial that comes on the Disney channel I think.  There is a little newborn baby, and Ryann has been ooooohing and ahhhhing every time it comes on.  She has a sudden interest in babies and I don't know where it is coming from.  And then we had this conversation as I was putting her in to the carseat at the gym...

Ryann:  "Mommy when is there going to be another baby in your belly?"
Me:  flustered "I don't know sweetheart.  Do you want there to be?"
Ryann:  "Yeah.  I want another baby.  I want a baby brother.  And another baby sister.  I think I want to have the baby sister first, but if it's bum looks different than Elsie's than it is gonna be a boy."

It was pretty adorable, and I'm thrilled that she might not freak out when I tell her I'm pregnant.  :o)

No comments: