January 30, 2015

twelve weeks

Baby3_12Weeks
 
how far along:  12 weeks (compare to 12 weeks with Elsie)

size of babyaccording to the bump a plum, about 2.1 inches long and weighing .49 ounces.  All of baby's critical systems are mostly formed, and now he or she just needs to work on growing and maturing.

weight gain: 0 pounds.  Not too shabby for now I suppose.  I hadn't gained any weight yet with my last two, but still hoping I stay close to the 20-25 pound range this time around.

maternity clothes:  nope

symptoms: I generally end up with a headache by the afternoon, despite trying to stay away from as much processed food and sugar as I can.  Those things 100% make a difference.  I know I'm not taking in enough water, I seriously can't stand water right now, but I don't know what else to drink.  I only drink water.  I get tired in the evenings and I still sometimes feel queasy, but it is much less often.

exercise: I exercised five days this week, woot!  I did a barbell class at the gym, ran a total of 14.5 miles and walked 4.3 miles.  I also did some strength exercises after my walk yesterday.  It is surprising how sore some walking lunges can make me.  Ha.

cravings/aversions: I still want nothing to do with pizza and m&m's.  Those are the funniest aversions I've ever had (Lies, I just read several of my pregnancy posts with Elsie and I guess I didn't want to eat pizza with her either.  Just plain weird!).  In general stuff that is heavy just doesn't sound good.  I want a lot of fruit, Panera Mac n' Cheese, and biscuits with strawberry jelly.

movement:  nope

sleep: It hasn't been the best, but not the worst either.  I've started waking up between 5:15am and 5:30am.  No real specific reason, but after the first time I do it I just keep doing it every morning, and it always takes a miracle to get me sleeping past 6am again.

gender:  We should know in less than a week.  I can't wait!  I was dead set that it is a boy.  And then all the sudden this week I got the 'what if' feeling.  What if it is a girl?  I still am leaning towards boy, but I started a list of girl's names just in case.

looking forward to:  Finding out boy or girl.  Also looking forward to a Georgia vacation in a few weeks!

worries:  Surviving the next eight months is starting to become terrifying.  Selling a house, moving, renovating, having a baby, Ryann starting kindergarten... there is just a heck of a lot going on.  I know we'll come out on the other side ok, it just won't be easy.

what's different this time:  I can't believe I'm already 12 weeks.  I wouldn't say time is flying, but I still feel like I'm barely pregnant, not more than a quarter of the way done.  If this baby comes at 38 weeks like the last two did, I've got 26 weeks to go.  Plenty of time, but not all that much in the grand scheme of life!  Also I don't think my headaches are as bad as with Elsie.  I'm going to attribute that to my mostly better eating habits.  Thank you Whole30!

best moment this week:  Ryann asked me this week when I'm going to have another baby.  Similar conversations have occurred every couple of weeks now.  I'm not sure what has made her fixated on babies, but I'm so thrilled to tell her about the pregnancy.  Hopefully she is excited as she seems like she will be!

No comments: