January 12, 2015

welcoming 2015

The fact that we are nearly halfway through January is just crazy to me.  I felt like the days would slow down after Christmas, with less to be looking forward to in theory, but nope.  Not at all.  They just keep flying by.

IMG_6910

This year we spent New Year's Eve having a slumber party in our new house.  We needed to meet with the contractor we selected, and my parents were out of town, so we figured why not.  It's our house, might as well sleep there!  Before my parents left for Georgia they dropped off air mattresses, as well as some snacks and New Year's party supplies.  After meeting with the contractor, we headed over to The Blue Moose for some dinner.  Chris and I hadn't eaten there before, so we were excited to try it.  The waiter we had was great, and our food was pretty good as well.  My favorite part though, was the fried pickle appetizer we ordered.  They were fried in a beer batter, and weren't full spears but not the little rounds either.  So good.

After dinner we headed back to the house, and eventually had a couple of friends over.  They brought cake and ice cream, along with some paper bowls and plastic silverware since we didn't have any!  The kids hung out and watched a movie, and at 9:00pm Ryann asked them when they were going to leave because she was ready for bed.  Haha.  A little blunt but oh well.  Our friends left, we got the girls in bed and then Christopher and I started a movie of our own.  But I barely lasted half an hour before decided I was ready for bed myself.

In the morning we sent Chris out for some doughnuts.  Probably not the healthiest way to start off the new year, but when you don't really have any groceries or cooking utensils, why not?  The girls seemed pretty satisfied.  Especially Elsie.  We hung out for a bit longer before packing up and heading back to Kansas City.  A very mild but fun New Years.

IMG_6917
IMG_6923
IMG_6928

Usually I would sit down and make some lofty goals for the year, things that I want to accomplish, ways I want to become a better person, etc.  But the truth is, I anticipate this being a crazy year for my little family.  Chris is so close to finishing his fellowship, we're going to be moving, Ryann will start kindergarten, we're renovating a house, we have to sell our current house... the list goes on.  So this year?  We're going to survive, and take everything in stride.  That is the goal.  It's going to be big, but I think it is going to be pretty fun too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All sounds good and exciting! Enjoy all the "new"s..and have fun!
love the matching outfits - esp the black and gold.precious!