May 22, 2015

twenty-eight weeks

Baby3_28WeeksA

Oh hey there third trimester.  Where the heck did you come from?  And at the same time, I'm so done being pregnant.  Not at all ready for the baby part yet, but I'm sick of not being able to just sit on the couch if I'm tired because my legs feel so dang crazy.  My best guess is that I've got 10 weeks left.  Yikes!  On both ends of the spectrum.

how far along:  28 weeks (compare to 28 weeks with Ryann, 28 weeks with Elsie)

size of baby:  Roughly the size of a head of cauliflower.  16 inches and 2.5 pounds.

weight gain:  Truthfully I don't want to know.  It could be very very bad.  But if I had to guess I'd say 22ish pounds.

maternity clothes:  I'm not sure I have any non maternity shirts that will cover my belly left!

symptoms:  Restless legs like crazy.  They are driving me insane.  I can barely sit still for any length of time without having the urge to get up and walk around.  I'm resorting to benedryl so I can lay down and fall asleep.  Also indigestion.  That's fun.  Lastly I got super swollen in my legs after flying.  My feet and ankles are currently a little swollen right now, but it is much more humid in Georgia than in Kansas, plus I've been on my feet a lot.

exercise:  I've been doing A LOT of walking this week.  100,340 steps!  I've been getting up almost every morning this week and going on a 45 minute walk, plus walking on the beach and around the village.  Also, pacing the house because I can't sit still.  I can honestly say a few thousand steps are just from me wandering around when I can't handle sitting.

cravings/aversions:  I crave a lot of fruit and eat a lot of sweets.

Baby3_28WeeksC

movement:  This kid is insane.  My belly sometimes looks like a circus act, or a freak show.  Ryann and Chris were able to sit and watch her bounce around the other day, from across the pool.  She has also had some sort of knee or elbow or something pressed up towards the top of my belly for a while now.  Sometimes she really shoves it up there and it is SO PAINFUL.  Earlier this week while I was on a walk I could feel it rubbing back and forth over the spot for more than half a mile.  I tried to push on her to get her to move but no luck.

sleep:  I've been having to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night more often, and waking up incredibly uncomfortable in the wee hours of the morning.  But when I'm actually asleep I sleep hard, so I guess I'll take it.

gender: Girl.

looking forward to:  Getting back home and seeing how the new house reno is coming along.  It's been a while since we've gotten over there and I'm so anxious to see the progress!

worries:  We will never agree on a name we both love.  I thought we had it narrowed down to three, but now we're back to a list of 10+ and one of us has some sort of issue with each name.  I have all sorts of crazy rules I'm trying to abide by, and Chris seems to know someone who ruins each name that fits all my criteria.  I told him that we are deciding on something in the next two weeks because dangit I want to order a personalized swaddle blanket.  Priorities people, priorities.  :o)

I'm also a little paranoid about my glucose tolerance test this week.  I haven't had any issues passing with the last two, but still.

what's different this time:  When it comes down to it, probably not all that much.

best moment this week:  Inspections on our house went relatively well, and we were able to easily sign the resolution/renegotiation paperwork, or whatever you call it.  So aside from the appraisal and actual closing, our house is SOLD!!  Such a huge relief and I honestly don't think it could have gone much better.  I'm grateful to have that out of the way, and really hope the buyers enjoy living there.

Also watching my girls run through the tide pools on the beach has been pretty awesome.  I don't want to go back to reality.  There are definitely things I'm missing about home, but can we just take the beach with us?  Please?

Baby3_28WeeksB

3 comments:

Justine Y @ Little Dove said...

I'm due August 11 and I was 28 weeks this past Tuesday so we're pretty close. :) We're right there with you on the names, we have all these random name requirements too. We like to have a short list to take to the hospital and then pick a name once we see him or her, but it's still hard! And I had restless legs with my second and it sucked! Sorry. :(

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the beach shot!!! Gorgeous!

Caits said...

My gosh Ashley, you are so cute! :-)