May 17, 2015

twenty-seven weeks

Baby3_27weeks
 
how far along:  27 weeks (compare to 27 weeks with Ryann, 27 weeks with Elsie)

size of baby:  According to my What to Expect app, perhaps as big as a cucumber?  Roughly 15 inches (head to toe) and 2.2 pounds.

weight gain:  20 pounds.  This is terrifying to me simply because I only gained 20 pounds total in each of my previous pregnancies.  I know that really, it is totally fine.  I should come out under 35 gained as long as I don't go too crazy in the next 11-12 weeks.

maternity clothes:  Yup.  I snagged a few more summer things this week.  Hopefully I have enough clothes to last me through this pregnancy.  With less than 3 months to go, I feel like I shouldn't buy anything.  But I also don't want to feel completely hopeless getting dressed every day this summer!

symptoms:  Restless legs, or whatever it is, mainly in my left leg.  Definitely by far the most frustrating symptom.  I can barely sit long enough to read the girls a book before I'm uncomfortable.  I've also starting having a lot of indigestion or something.  Doesn't matter what I eat, how much, or how little, I just feel gross.  Also I've been having more braxton hicks contractions here and there.  They are never regular or overly painful, so I'm not worried about them at all, just more irritating and catch me off guard.

exercise:  Oh hey, I ran a 5k this week.  BAM.  I ended up signing up for the Mother's Day 5k, because I just couldn't handle the though of missing one when I'd already done it 4 years in a row.  My plan was to start out jogging, and then mostly walk with a bit of jogging for the 3.1 miles.  I ended up running the first mile (in about 12 minutes, certainly not breaking any speed records), and then I tried to walk.  And my legs were like WTF we don't run are you nuts?  After that it actually hurt more to walk than run, so I just kind of jogged most of the last two miles.  I ended up finishing with an official time of 37:55.  I can't be disappointed with that at all!  Afterwards I was pretty sore, and had a significant waddle going on, but by the next day I was feeling much better.  So thankful I signed up!

MothersDay5k
IMG_1138

I ended up covering 96,182 steps this week.  So close to a 100,000 step week, I'm just not sure that is ever going to happen during the pregnancy.  Maybe after baby girl is born and I get back in to running more.


cravings/aversions:  Everything sounds good. And nothing sounds good.  It makes no sense.  I'm eating way too many sweets and it makes me feel like crap.  I did make fried eggs for the first time this week (why I've never tried before I have no idea) and was loving fried eggs over sweet potatoes for breakfast.

movement:  We are starting to fight with each other.  Her movements can be so crazy and painful and she gets in really uncomfortable spots!  The other day I looked down and I swear there was a knee or elbow protruding out of my belly.  It hurt so bad and I definitely had to poke her a bit to get her to move.

sleep:  Not too bad.

gender: Girl.

looking forward to:  Leaving for Georgia!!

worries:  I've had such easy deliveries and recoveries with both my small babies, that I'm always paranoid this one will be giant.  Especially with the extra weight gain.  Also currently worrying about house inspections, but more on that below...

what's different this time:  I don't recall movement being quite this painful.  Also the constant indigestion.  That sucks.

best moment this week:  Soooo... we've got a contract on our house.  !!!!!!!  Our house wasn't supposed to go on the market until Thursday, but a friend from high school contacted me and said her brother-in-law was looking for a house in the area, and was having trouble getting to view homes because of the crazy market.  Would we be willing to let them see ours before it went on the MLS?  I didn't really see the harm in it, so on Sunday (mother's day) we had a showing at 5pm.  By 6pm their realtor called me and let me know they wanted to place an offer.  I was ecstatic.  And it turned out to be a really good offer.

So basically we get to leave for Georgia with a lot less weight on our shoulders!  The inspections are all to be done on Monday, and I'm a little nervous for how they'll all go.  We haven't neglected our home, I don't really see any huge issues popping up, but then again the house was built in 1957 so you just never know.  Please pray that all goes well, and by the end of next week we're just happily hanging out until closing!

In short, Mother's Day was a pretty darn good day, between the 5k and the house selling, with a little family time thrown in the middle.

IMG_0848

4 comments:

Liz Runningmomma said...

If it makes you feel better, I gained more with my 2nd and made it a week and a half longer with her. I was really worried she'd be huge but she wasn't much bigger than my first and came even easier than he did.

Justine Y @ Little Dove said...

So exciting about your house! And I would recommend a belly brace if you don't already have one. I've never had one for a previous pregnancy, but this time around I was having so much round ligament pain and I was getting so many Braxton Hicks just if I was walking around a lot or if I tried to go jogging. The belly brace helps with that so much, and it also helps with my lower back pain and my sciatic pain.

Justine Y @ Little Dove said...

So exciting about your house! And I would recommend a belly brace if you don't already have one. I've never had one for a previous pregnancy, but this time around I was having so much round ligament pain and I was getting so many Braxton Hicks just if I was walking around a lot or if I tried to go jogging. The belly brace helps with that so much, and it also helps with my lower back pain and my sciatic pain.

Unknown said...

Good post! I am also going to write a blog post about this... thanks
domestic tour