August 2, 2015

miss thea lorraine

IMG_0651
IMG_0682web
IMG_0632

Miss Thea Lorraine
6 pounds 14 ounces | 18.5 inches
July 28th, 2015 | 12:28pm

My youngest in regards to gestational age, we only made it to 37 weeks 4 days before little Thea was forced to make her appearance.  And yet, she is still my heaviest baby by 10 ounces!  Even better yet, she was my fastest labor when you consider active labor.

Both Thea and I are doing great.  My blood pressure is still questionable, but I made it out of delivery without any battle scars and my body has been feeling almost normal since we've been home.  Thea is proving to be a pretty chill baby (I mean it's day five, I'm sure a lot can change) and has been a great nurser so far.  Ryann is smitten with her new sister, and Elsie tells me she is cute from a distance.  I was worried that Elsie would have a REALLY hard time with this new transition, but for the most part she is taking it exceptionally well.  Having Ryann to play with has been a huge help.

The name Thea (Thee-uh) is just one that I came across on instagram and began to like more and more.  It fit the bill of simple, not too popular and not too weird.  She shares her middle name as well as her birthday with my Grandma.  I know my grandma is smiling down on her from heaven.

Adjusting to life with three has been easier than I anticipated, but mostly because my mom and Christopher have been absolutely wonderful helping out with the bigger girls.  I don't know what I would do without them.

Hopefully I'll be blogging more now that I can sit more than five seconds without needing to move (goodbye restless legs!!!), but let's face it.  I've got three kids and a limited amount of motivation.  But I'll do my best!

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Miss Thea is beautiful! Glad everybody is doing well, Congratulations to you and your family

Carrie said...

Congrats!!!

Tanya said...

Congratulations :) what a little sweetie and an adorable name :)

Leann said...

Congrats! I have a Thea Lorraine too :). Her full first name is Althea after my great grandmother, but she goes by Thea. She is the same age as your Elsie. Also a very chill baby who moved across the country at two weeks old.

Joi said...

Congratulations! Loving her swaddle!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from a long-time lurker! What a beauty.