April 4, 2017

thea - twenty months

I was late taking her pictures, it was a gloomy day, and Thea had absolutely ZERO interest in being cute for me.  So you get what you get.  If all else fails her life is pretty well captured on instagram and in our chatbooks.  So there's that.

Thea_20months1

This child is going to freaking turn two in less than four months.  I can't believe it.  She is still my baby!  And she is even starting to grow some actual hair so pretty soon I bet she'll look older too.  Time is such a jerk.

Slowly but surely 18-24 month clothing is starting to seem a little on the small side.  I need to get out all the 2T bins so the smaller 2Ts have a chance to be worn!  Size 5 diapers, size 5-6 shoes, all her teeth except her two year molars, and still the sleep champion in our house.  Thea slept for 12 hours straight last night.  Say what?!?!?  I know many children do that on the regular, but no my children.  For the most part she has been sleeping about 7:45pm to 6:30 pm.  In the grand scheme of sleep shenanigans, I'll take it.  She also naps from 12:45 to between 3 and 4pm daily.  I can wake her up early from nap without too much flack later on that evening, but I try not to.  The more she sleeps the less she is trust falling off of various pieces of furniture.

Thea_20months3

Really Thea's ability to clearly say words hasn't increased, but the amount of words she says goes up every week.  She has started speaking in mostly two to three word sentences, and everything once in a while has strung together four words.  I keep forgetting to write down what her little sentence was though.  She repeats me all the time.  I try to narrate what were doing as much as possible without sounding like a complete idiot, and she repeats at least the last word of every sentence.  Let's me know I'm not constantly talking to myself.  Lol.  One of my favorite phrases Thea has used the last month is "I a mermaid!"  I got her a mermaid swimsuit for the summer and we tried it on.  Now she is obsessed with mermaids and if anything seems remotely mermaid-ish she says "I a mermaid!"  If I thought she'd actually enjoy a pool party we'd definitely be having a mermaid birthday party this year.

Thea_20months6

Instead of mermaids, I think we might go a food themed route.  Food truly is the way to this girls heart, so a party centered around one of her favorites (donuts or ice cream) seems like a good plan.  Thea continues to be incredibly picky, and has zero interest in trying new foods.  I shouldn't, but I've pretty much given up on offering her vegetables.  She gets so mad.  So squeeze pouches are where it's at.  Donuts and M&Ms are definitely her two favorite foods.  Mac n cheese and cheese quesadillas come in at a close second.  She likes a decent variety of fruits, but doesn't love it near as much as the other girls seemed to at that age.  Carbs make her happy, meat is lame.  I try to remind myself that I was a SUPER picky eater as a kid, not all hope is lost forever.  But it drives me crazy that Chris and I eat a pretty wide variety of healthy foods and Thea (and Ryann) is disgusted with them.

Thea is now counting to three.  If I ask her to count something she says "One, two, three, two, one, two... yay!" So proud of herself.  :)  Maybe by next month we'll be up to five.  She may or may not know some shapes.  The other day I was drawing various shapes (circle, square, oval, rectangle, triangle, heart, star) on a piece of paper, then I asked her to point to specific ones.  9 times out of 10 she got it right.  I don't really know how, I haven't done much with shapes around her.  I've been trying to nail down colors, but most of the time she just throws out random ones when I ask.  Although she is still pretty good about picking out yellow things.  Maybe yellow is her favorite color?

Thea_20months4

For a long time Thea has loved baby dolls, but has had little interest in real babies.  In the last two weeks though, every time she sees a real baby out and about she gets super excited and wants to see them.  Some of my sorority sisters were over this weekend and Thea couldn't get enough of "Baby Dune (June)."  At one point June was looking at an object and Thea said "Baby Dune dat Ellow (yellow)." It was absolutely adorable.  She is also currently very into classifying things as a mommy and a baby.  If there is a big flower and a little flower on a picture, it is a mommy and a baby, a big animal and a little animal, a big car and a little car.  Whatever it is, the bigger one is the mommy, the littler one is the baby.  She did decide two snowmen on her plate were a daddy and a baby, so gender classifications are starting to enter her understanding.

Thea_20months5

Thea thinks taking her shirt off in the middle of a meal is hilarious.  She enjoys copying her sisters all the time, but won't be persuaded by them to do anything she doesn't want to do.  Tutus are still the accessory of choice, with her bracelets a close second.  Shoes are also an exciting item, but her favorites are her Freshly Picked moccasins.  One of her new favorite books is Princess of the Potty, but if you ask her if she wants to sit on the real potty it is solid hell no.  We've stuck her on it a couple of times, but she usually freaks out.  She almost never wants my help with anything, little miss independent.  Diaper and clothing changes are still basically an act of war and I avoid them as much as possible.  She knows lots of the songs from Moana and loves to watch the movie, but the Frozen characters still hold a big place in her heart.

Thea_20months2

Shes a snuggly little spitfire, a character for sure.  Sweet and stubborn and I wouldn't change a thing.  I love you Thea!

No comments: