May 17, 2017

four weeks | baby five

written May 17th
 
how far along:  4 weeks + 3 days (compare to 4 weeks with Elsie, 4 weeks with Thea)

size of baby:  Trying out the Ovia Pregnancy app this time around.  Still goes with the pretty standard poppy seed comparison for four weeks.

weight gain:  0 pounds.  This week will be my starting point.  6 pounds heavier than I started with Thea, but with all the emotional eating I did over the last few months really it could have been a lot more.

maternity clothes:  nope

symptoms:  I've been shaky on and off for the last week, and I was a bit nauseous yesterday, but honestly I could probably attribute a lot of that to anxiety.

exercise:  Unfortunate timing, but my knee really started bothering me about four days before I got the positive pregnancy test.  So I toned everything way down.  At minimum I'm getting in a 30 minute walk daily.  Trying to do some upper body exercises at least 3 times a week.  Hoping in another week I can get back to running.  In February I had started doing Beach Body videos and was really enjoying them.  Mostly 21 Day Fix and Core de Force.

cravings/aversions:  Mexcian food, though I don't think that is really related to pregnancy.  That's just me.  My need for sweets seems to be slowing down a bit.

movement:  nope.

sleep:  I've had a few days where I've woken up at 3:30 or 4am and couldn't go back to sleep, but overall not too bad.  Over the weekend I definitely needed some cat naps. 

gender:  I don't have a clue.

looking forward to:  an ultrasound.  And being out of the first trimester.

worries:  Honestly I'm just waiting to miscarry.  But still trying to stay positive.  Trying to embrace this pregnancy while it lasts.  Praying I'll make it to term and get to bring home one more baby.  One last piece to our family puzzle.

what's different this time:  The beginning of my pregnancy with Thea was a little rough following a chemical pregnancy.  But it doesn't even compare to being pregnant after a later loss.  I had more time to heal emotionally this time around, I thought I'd have some excitement when I saw a positive test.  But I just felt like the air was sucked out of me.

milestones:  I'm pregnant!

best moment this week:  Christopher being happy.  I'm struggling so much to really be excited because I am scared, but hearing him say that he is happy makes me happy.

No comments: